While we were in Williamsburg visiting family, we decided to be tourists and actually purchase passes to take the kids into some of the historic buildings. Kellen was most interested in the Powder Magazine, the octagonal building where the colonial militia's powder and ammunitions were stored. He also wanted to see the gunsmith, but he was a little unsure of going inside and was happy to stay on the porch. Addie's main interest was the "bakering ship," her words for the bake shop that sold delicious ginger and chocolate chip cookies. She was not interested in any of the sites until we first stopped in the bakering ship to get her a cookie. :) I will have a series of pictures to post, but rather than litter the blog with tons of pics, I decided to make a few slide shows. The first slide show is of Kellen and Addie climbing a fantastic old tree that I remember climbing as a kid. Kellen and Addie were very brave exploring the old gnarled branches. My family used to have picnics under the tree and then we'd climb and climb. It's located right next to the building where I worked as a child interpreter when I was about 10. I think we could have foregone the passes and just stayed at the tree all day!
Ring my bell - chime in!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yeah and that tree was even better before they cut all the middle limbs out!
Post a Comment