Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, April 18, 2008

We Went to Farm Days, too!

Thanks to a heads up from several friends, we headed out to farm days, too. Very cute! Our time was limited since we had to be home to pick up a friend from the bus stop, but I think we managed to see pretty much everything. I think the baby chicks were the biggest hit. Ellary actually moo-ed at a cow and she liked watching the chicks. She would NOT touch one though. Very skittish. Kellen liked climbing on a tractor, and Addie was excited to rope a metal steer. Neither one was interested in the goats. Kellen kind of had the "been there done that" attitude after having chased Uncle Ben's goats around several weeks ago. Ice cream was a big hit, though Addie did not really like have to eat with the little wooden popsicle stick, and my offer of a baby spoon was not appreciated. Ellary liked sharing my chocolate ice cream, and since she was having a banana for snack lunch, I started combining spoonfuls so she had her first banana split! I'm not sure Kellen was overly excited about anything, but he was VERY impressed that he had done something at NC State. All afternoon he kept saying, "so that building was NC State?" I think that's his new favorite team. :)


Handling the lasso; the effects of green beans, bananas and chocolate ice cream; a fascinating wheel that was as tall as me!

Kellen said the chicks were prickly.

A dairy cow and its produce - yum!

What's that new reality show? Farmer Wants a Wife? ;)

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i heard about this from heather and so wanted to go!!! i was up to my eye balls in projects...my sweet mother-in-law has come to help me get ready for the baby so i really couldn't work in a field trip! maybe next year... :) so glad you guys had fun!!!

Heather said...

I LOVE the Cailey and Kellen pic! Cailey was so excited we ran into you guys!