The day finally arrived - Kellen got to go back to gymnastics today! And what was even better, Addie got to go, too! At the end of the last session, Kellen was promoted to the class for 5-year-old boys, but we decided to break from gymnastics to give soccer a try. Kellen hasn't really gotten a kick out of soccer (groan - I know!), so we're headed back to the gym. We discovered that there is a class for Addie that meets at the same time as Kellen's class, so she's in, too. On Saturday I took Addie to the dance shop and she picked out her gym leotard. She really wanted purple, and it turned out that the only one in her size was purple! She's very proud of her little outfit (though there were some initial complaints about wedgies...). Anyway, tonight, Kellen was the only one in his class, so he had one-on-one instruction for an hour. It was AWESOME! He was the only boy in a gym filled with girls from age 3 to 13, and at one point they lowered the rings from the ceiling in the center of the gym for him to work on some flips (I have no idea what all the skills are called). It was so much fun to watch him - after just a few tries with help he was flipping forward and backward all by himself, and it seemed to me he was doing a pretty impressive job of using arm and shoulder muscles to hold himself up. She had him doing chin-ups on the uneven bars and he was walking himself across the parallel bars using his arms. Made my shoulders burn just to watch him! Meanwhile, Addie learned to hop across the balance beam and was a mighty jumper on the trampoline. That girl can fly all over the place (they were supposed to jump up and down in one spot...). She really liked jumping down into the pit filled with foam blocks. She was just so stinkin' cute in her leotard and with pigtails in her hair. When the class was done she complained that she wanted to stay all night. I imagine tomorrow Addie will ask me how many more sleeps before she gets to go back to gymnastics.
Ring my bell - chime in!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Gymnastics Receives 2 Perfect 10s!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So glad to hear that Kellen is back "in his element". What an awesome opportunity for your kids! And to have the classes at the same time is so helpful. I look forward to seeing some pictures of your talented acrobats soon!
Addie told me all about gymnastics today in lambs. Thanks for posting this picture because I was able to tell her how much I liked her purple leotard, and I think she was surprised!! Then I saw Kellen on the playground and I told him how impressed I was with his scooter trick and he told me all about it. It's fun to know the little details through your pictures!
sounds like Kellen is a natural! it's so great to find something they are really interested in and can love! AND so great they can take a class at the same time. that really makes your life easier! she looks so cute in her new leotard! :) can't wait to see more pix of them on their gym equipment!!! so fun! :)
Post a Comment