I think I'll do the zoo pics in a series of posts. Of course we saw animals, but I took way more pictures of the kids, so let me get some of the animal pics out of the way first! :) We had an interesting morning with pouring rain, so I didn't get very many pictures of the animals. And much of the time my arms were full of Ellary so I didn't have a free hand for the camera! I wondered how interested in the zoo Ellary would be since she's little, and it turns out Ellary loved the animals! Whenever she caught something moving she would squeal, grunt, bounce, jump, reach, strain, or call "Heeeey!" to try to get closer to it or touch it. She particularly liked the sea lions, a little spotted skunk, and the ocelot (none of which I got a picture of since I was holding her).


zebra and elephants


rhinos and Sam and a turtle
See the little turtle on the right? This was SO cute! In the Sonora Desert house, baby Sam spotted a small turtle trundling along the glass partition of its exhibit enclosure. He immediately started crawling back and forth along the glass with the turtle, trying to catch it. It was adorable! I think Sonja got it on video. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment