For a while now A's been interested in having her "ears appeared." We've visited the earring store at the mall several times and watched other big girls get it done, but she's always decided just to wait. Today at lunch she announced that today was the day to get her "ears appeared." I figured she wouldn't go through with it, but she's been in an exceptionally good mood all day (despite waking up crying in the night last night, wailing that she no longer wanted her toenails...), and we decided to let her go to the store and take a look. When we got there, there was a little girl already in the chair, and A watched her go through the whole procedure - the forms, the cleaning, marking the dots, and the piercing. The little girl didn't cry, and A asked her some questions about it. She then said she had to go potty, but that she wanted to come right back and have hers done. I should also note that the deal has always been that whenever A is ready to do it, I would have my second holes pierced first so she could see that it doesn't hurt. So we're standing there and my heart is racing b/c I'm realizing that I have to have my ears pierced on VERY short notice! When it go to be our turn, A decided she wanted to go first, so she climbed in the chair, grinning from unpierced ear to unpierced ear. She was giddy with excitement and didn't even flinch for the actual hole punch (how else to describe it?), and EB clapped for her when it was all over. A kept saying, "did I REALLY do it?" She also said, "I always wanted to have holes in my ears when I'm a mom, and now I will!" I believe she was also quoted in the earring store as saying to K, "why would I be scared to have my ears appeared? I rode the Tower of Terror!" So my dear little girl now sports two sparkly pink flowers in her ears (which, may I add, are WAY cuter than what I had to choose from as a kid), and she can't wait to go to school tomorrow and show her girls. Oh, and as for me, 2 little girls were waiting and watching A have her ears pierced, so we decided to go ahead and let them have their turns rather than be scared off by having to watch an adult cry. A says she'll go back with me this week, because she insists that I go through with it!


4 comments:
Such a BRAVE girl and how fun for you both! I trust you will have someone photograph the moment when you get yours double pierced. I'll be checking every day for that post!! :)
I was a little bummed that we were already at the mall when she decided to do it and I was without a camera to capture it! I actually thought - no, she should wait until we have the camera. But then I realized that was kind of silly. :) She is so excited about it all and can't wait to pick out a pair of earrings for when her 6 weeks of waiting are over. :)
so cute! you'll have to tell her Addison got her ears pierced this weekend too! :) i can't wait to see them! :)
Probably better that you didn't have the camera -- my friends and I were stopped by mall security about a year ago for taking a picture in the mall... and it was of us, not other people or merchandise!
Post a Comment