For Christmas, Mom gave me the book, Hello Cupcake, which is filled with tons of adorable cupcake designs. Now, with three small kids, I have decorated my fair share of cakes and cupcakes, but the cupcakes in this book really do take the cake. I'm not sure how successful I will be in executing some of the more elaborate ones, but I tried my first batch last night with ok results. K is having a little birthday bowling outing this morning with a couple of buds, and they are coming back for lunch and birthday cake. I thought I would try my hand at the bowling cupcakes in the book. Here is the process and the result:
Each bowling pin was constructed of a standard cupcake, a mini cupcake, and a donut hole. It was quite the sticky building project!
Pin innards
I wanted to make 10 pins, but this cupcake just would not cooperate for the dipping process. If my mind were sharper this morning I would think of some cute phrase about a split or how I should have made a spare. :)
My 9-pin cupcakes complete with bowling ball (ball is covered with black sugar and holes made from chocolate chips inserted point down). Definitely not as neat and drip free as the ones pictured in the book, but not too shabby for a first try! K was pleased.

1 comment:
i'm impressed! i'd love to look through that cupcake book! :)
Post a Comment