Easter day was a little different this year. Geof and his dad had tickets to the NCAA basketball tournament Friday and Sunday, so I planned to take the kids to Danville after church on Sunday to spend the afternoon at my grandmother's house. Addie kept waking up sick Saturday night and was still not feeling well by Sunday afternoon, and Ellary had a slight fever, so we canceled those plans and stayed home.
I had not planned an Easter dinner since we were to be out of town, so we had Moe's! I always have an egg hunt for K&A and my cousin when we go to Danville for Easter, so since I had the eggs all ready we did the hunt in our front yard. I managed to get a few pictures of the gang in their Easter clothes, but Addie wasn't feeling very well to cooperate. And Ellary is not really in a posing for pictures stage of life. :) We'll have to try it again outside next week.




Went with yellow this year. :)


Examining all the goodies in their Easter eggs
With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last. The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!"... When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body... But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen!"...
Mark 15:37-39, 16:1, 4-6

2 comments:
You are probably going to think I am crazy...but I ran across your blog through an e-mail from Sarah Bono (we were college roomates). Anyway, I just want you to know that I love your blog and check it all the time, not because I am nosy (REALLY!), but because your photo skills are beautiful! You have a true gift...anyway, after reading your post today, I had to leave you a message...I grew up in Danville. That is where my grandmother, aunt, uncle, and cousins are! Enjoying your blog. Keep up with the awesome photos! God Bless!
I LOVE the yellow outfits!! That picture of Ellary with her dress all 'fanned' out and the picture of Addie looking up with the daisy. SO cute!! No one would even know they didn't feel very well. It sounds like you made the best of your circumstances this year and their photo albums will show that Mommy made it a special day for her kids and the various obstacles will be forgotten. Good going!!
Post a Comment