Thought I'd share a few funny photos that show just how much I appreciate you loyal readers out there - all three of you! I would only share these with those I love and don't mind knowing the "real" me. wink wink.
OK. Geof says I am the absolute worst steward of toothpaste E-VER. I get hassled lovingly teased a lot about this. I'm finally admitting that he just might be right.

And this is a relatively new tube, so not so bad... ugh, I am so gross! I couldn't even get the toothpaste to come out last night and had to walk across the bathroom with my tail between my legs, begging for a squirt of his neatly capped Arm and Hammer.
And here's another disgusting photo. This is the "old office." It needs to be turned into a homework/craft project room. It never fully recovered from the basement renovation project, and after I moved the craft supplies and table in there, Fancy took it over and bombed the place. She is a master scissor artist, concocting amazing projects from bits of paper and miles of tape. She's also known for being quite the mess. 15 minutes down the road on a car trip and her portion of the van is indescribable. Any-hoo, this is the result of her owning the place. Whenever I walk by I just shake my head and close the door. But the door is glass, so that really doesn't help. Next best solution is just to retreat to the basement and continue to buy her more tape. She makes great paper purses, megaphones, butterflies and bug keepers.
OK, so you've seen the amazing mess. The kitchen chair has an explanation. There is something jagged on the bottom of one of the chair legs that was scraping the wood floor, so the obvious solution was just to toss it on its side into the office. Those lovely cube-shaped cabinets resting on shelves are supposed to neatly house Fancy's craft junk. I even have nice little boxes that stack neatly inside. I have no idea where the boxes have gone, and all the contents of said boxes and cabinets are jumbled on the craft desk. It really is quite an amazing sight, isn't it? Take some comfort in the fact that Geof cleaned up all the crumpled papers and scraps on the floor tonight, and we actually went to Lowe's and bought shelves for the storage room so we can clear some boxes out of here, AND I narrowed in on a couple paint colors for the room. I have also opted for a family trip to IKEA this Saturday to celebrate my birthday with the purchase office furniture for the kids - desks, chairs, lamps, etc. You know, more surfaces to crumple paper on.
OK, so you've seen the amazing mess. The kitchen chair has an explanation. There is something jagged on the bottom of one of the chair legs that was scraping the wood floor, so the obvious solution was just to toss it on its side into the office. Those lovely cube-shaped cabinets resting on shelves are supposed to neatly house Fancy's craft junk. I even have nice little boxes that stack neatly inside. I have no idea where the boxes have gone, and all the contents of said boxes and cabinets are jumbled on the craft desk. It really is quite an amazing sight, isn't it? Take some comfort in the fact that Geof cleaned up all the crumpled papers and scraps on the floor tonight, and we actually went to Lowe's and bought shelves for the storage room so we can clear some boxes out of here, AND I narrowed in on a couple paint colors for the room. I have also opted for a family trip to IKEA this Saturday to celebrate my birthday with the purchase office furniture for the kids - desks, chairs, lamps, etc. You know, more surfaces to crumple paper on.And this picture is keepin it not so real:
I'm trying to find a spot to do some photos of Hi-Hat with his new drum set. This weekend we scoped out the Freedom of Expression Tunnel down at State, because I knew the graffiti might be a great backdrop to his set. Snapped a few with my handy new phone while Fancy took a break from all the walking. Then did some doctoring at home, so the result is not very real. But still fun. Who would have guessed in a million years that I would be digitally scrubbing profanity from behind my daughter's head in a photo? Geof says it was everywhere, but I was oblivious and didn't see it until I got home. If we go back, I'll be bringing some paint of my own along and touching up the walls (because I can still see that H. :)Random funny:
Hi-Hat has been listening to an incredible amount of music this summer. It's like having a teenage boy in the house - shutting himself in his room and blasting his CD player (except cute b/c he wails soprano to The Connells...). He and his ipod are never far from each other. The other day we're listening to a new Toby Mac CD in the car and he announces, "I really like this flip-flop music!" (he meant hip-hop). And when I told him Grandma B would probably go with him to a Neal Diamond concert sometime, he said, "Neal Diamond is more night-time music. He's not really a rocker anymore." :)
And check out this car that we saw on the road this weekend - right by Providence, in fact.
See it - I'm calling that car jacked - yeeeeeeeah! There was a time not so long ago when I would have followed this car home. That would be around the time I was contemplating a road trip across the country in my new black VW beetle to have flames painted on the hood. Because doens't every up and coming librarian need flames on her car? I'm not a librarian anymore and I drive a dinged up minivan full of tiny bits of crumpled paper.
And check out this car that we saw on the road this weekend - right by Providence, in fact.
But I am still wondering about that cool green car...

1 comment:
Laura- this is hilarious! I am glad to see I am not the only one breaking toothpaste etiquite!
Maureen
Post a Comment