So I'm feeling much better. Which probably confirms that this was indeed a recurrence of an old case of mono, probably something I had this fall. Looking back, I did feel really crummy then, but never had it checked out. Just a bad cold I couldn't shake for months...
Anyway, by Friday we were climbing the walls. I woke up Friday morning with ENERGY! Yahoo! Still coughing, but really needed to do something, anything, everything! So I handed out old t-shirts, three rollers and a big sheet of plastic, and the kids and I got to work painting the upstairs office. Remember it's state just one week ago? I couldn't take it anymore, and it was time to make our vision of a kids' art room/school work room a reality.

After a little touch up from me, the room is now a really nice, soft, light, bright shade of blue. Saturday we spent the day at our favorite scandanavian furniture super store. The ENTIRE day.


After some fancy maneuvering, we managed to squeeze everything and everybody into the car. Made for a very interesting ride home!
And now for the before and after. Remember the before? How can we forget?

And now the after...
wait for it!
can you stand it?
one last chair to straighten...
needed to change a diaper - that girl is still not potty trained
are you ready to strangle me?
Laura! Move that bus!
wait for it!
can you stand it?
one last chair to straighten...
needed to change a diaper - that girl is still not potty trained
are you ready to strangle me?
Laura! Move that bus!
Do you hear the angelic choir singing in the background? Isn't it lovely? Nice clean space. Not one bit of snipped paper or tape or crayon on the floor.

On another wall I have lockers! Kids can come home from school and stash their backpacks, and I can stick memos, lunch calendars, school calendars, etc. to them with magnets! The bottom lockers have shelves to hold coloring books, project kits, crayons, markers, paper, etc.

On another wall I have lockers! Kids can come home from school and stash their backpacks, and I can stick memos, lunch calendars, school calendars, etc. to them with magnets! The bottom lockers have shelves to hold coloring books, project kits, crayons, markers, paper, etc.




1 comment:
Wow! Impressive. It would take our family 2 yrs to complete a project like that. Love it! Come make a school room for us!
Post a Comment