I know I've been absent from the blogosphere lately, and this is just a quick little post, but hopefully I'll get back to more regular posts before too long here. Busy summer...
Anyway, so last night I ended up at the ER since I had had some scary symptoms surrounding heart palpitations, light-headedness, chest pain, etc. For now, everything has checked out fine - no heart attack, no blood clots in my lungs. I will need another test at the cardiologist this Friday morning to look at some asymmetry in my aorta, but for now I'm feeling a much better.
ANYWAY, the point of this post is this. I rush into the ER. I'm planted on a chair while Geof checks me in, and I'm deteriorating. My heart is racing. My chest is hurting. I'm getting so light headed I can't hold my head up. I'm really freaking out. Someone immediately brings me a wheel chair. I'm whisked back to a triage room. I'm immediately hooked to an EKG. They immediately start taking my blood pressure. I'm aware of background noise in the room. Look up to the TV in the corner. Seriously? Are you kidding me? Hospital is broadcasting Discovery Channel's Shark Week (Ashley, don't click that) while I'm having heart tests???? How's your chest feeling, Mrs. H? Hmmm - let me see. I just watched a teenager get pulled under and thrash around while blood rushes to the surface of the water. Chest feels great! More testing. Let me check your blood pressure again, Mrs. H. Excellent! It should be nice and low after that description of how a nurse shark tears apart it's prey. Seriously?! Seriously?! I really could think of nothing else to say except - SERIOUSLY?!


4 comments:
oh my! i am SO afraid of sharks. i can't even begin to express my fear! i guess i should NOT click on that link either. jaws at an early age did me in, what were my parents thinking???
i'm so glad things have checked out for now. i'm praying for you and hope you're feeling back to normal VERY soon! PTL for no major issues thus far! :)
Wow! I hope you are feeling more like yourself now and I'm praying for normal results on Friday!!
You have got to be kidding me. What in the world are those (insert your own adjective here) people thinking????? Holy cow. So glad you survived the whole experience!
Haha ben's been threatening me with shark week picture messages this week, but i make phillip open them. I hope things are better and that you figure out what it is. I get those symptoms when I either get overheated in the shower or I've had too much/not enough caffeine and my heart is overcompensating for the lack of caffeine. I always have to sit and take deep breaths until my heartbeat matches the breaths. Scary!
Post a Comment