This was one of those things that makes it really fun to be mom and dad. Geof has been working with the guys at the drum shop on finding just the right drum set for Hi-Hat. The "big boy" drum set he got a couple years ago has just been beaten into the ground, and the more we hear him play on the big kit at his lessons, the more his set at home was sounding like a toy. So tonight Geof called Hi-Hat out to help unload groceries from the van, and when he opened the hatch, Hi-Hat found a shiny new silver Ludwig drum set waiting for him! He could hardly believe his eyes. He was so surprised and the joy on his face was priceless! He giggled, jumped, danced and gave us each big hugs and genuine thank yous. He has thanked us over and over all evening. It took a while to get the new one set up on the stage, but as soon as it was ready he had at it. What a difference! It's going to be a bit noisier around here from now on. I'm hoping to take a little video of him tomorrow. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity.

Ring my bell - chime in!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Big Surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
that's AWESOME!! i love surprising people:)!! can't wait to hear the new sounds!
what an awesome story! I bet he'll never forget that day!
Love the entry to I heart Faces!
Post a Comment