Ring my bell - chime in!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

(not so) big man on campus

It's done!! K has been successfully dropped off at his first day of kindergarden! I imagine by now he's had snack, rest time, lunch, and all sorts of big fun. Too bad it's a rainy day - hopefully he still got some outside play time. I'm so anxious to hear how the day has gone. We had a pretty low key morning. All the bags were packed the night before - school supplies? check. lunch? check. snack? check. towel for rest time? check. K seemed a little excited, though very controlled. Just had a bit of a smirk on his face all morning. He was a little upset about the rain and the potential for storms, but he seemed pretty in control over that, too. Once he realized it was just a drizzle, he had no problem walking up the sidewalk to the building. We found the kindergarden hallway, signed him in, and off he went. That was it! No muss, no fuss. I had to call to him to get him to wave bye. He's always been good about going places - school, babysitters, playdates, Sunday school, drum class, etc. - activity is not something in short supply around here. So it should be no surprise that this was just one more new thing to try. No tears from the grown-ups, either. I'm excited to go on Friday night to meet the teacher and hopefully learn more about what his days will be like. So one day down ... oh, I can't do the math right now... many many many many more to go. :)

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

such a cutie! sounds like you all did well on the "first" day! can't wait to hear more about it! :) hope he shares with you and doesn't seem annoyed with the many questions you all have!