Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, August 22, 2008

vignettes

I've not been worrying too much this week about the state of the house. It's K's last full week at home before he starts school, so I wanted to try to do some extra special things to make it fun (more on that later). Today I was remembering how nice and clean and straight everything was last week when the kids were out of town, and I was getting discouraged at all the stuff that's piled up. Then I kind of took a different perspective. As I'm getting ready to send one off to school with another one not far behind him, my days of a household filled with the trappings of preschoolers is numbered. There will be a day when I clean the house and it stays that way for days and days. There MIGHT just be a day when I miss all the piles and colors and papers and other childhood detritus that sometimes drives me mad. So I grabbed the camera and started snapping pictures of some of it, thinking maybe one day I'd actually want to see it again. :)


I bet that when it's just me and G, our pile of dishes won't be nearly as colorful! And while I could fold laundry all day, I find it hard to believe I'll ever miss putting it away...

Better than anything we could ever find in a gallery

Sweeter than any prom dress

what's "cool" to him now

way better than any video game or ipod

only clothing for little ones comes on hangers like these

maybe you CAN have too much of a good thing...

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

this makes me a little sad. great way to record these memories! hard to believe it will one day feel like such a long time ago, these precious days with our little ones!

Sherri said...

Hey - feel free to come take pics of all our stuff everywhere - and then be sure to take it home with you!!

I've been busy cleaning out this week in preparation for the move (hoping the house will sell this time) and it blows my mind how much STUFF is added to a house after kids are added to the family.

Thanks for the fresh perspective on it all -

Janet said...

Those are great pictures!! I don't know why this makes me a little sad. I guess it is a Mom's heart seeing those precious piles and stacks. Cute idea!