Lesson Learned: DO NOT put that half pound of cooked spaghetti noodles that you found hiding out in the way back of the refrigerator down the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink. I suppose I might have done the same thing, but I'd like to think that if I had been present when this decision was being made, I would have said the garbage can would be a better option. :)
While dear husband G is fantastic at his day job, household repair is just not something that should ever appear on his resume. So when he called me into the kitchen and I saw this:

I was sure that I would spend today waiting for a plumber to arrive and put the pipes back together and me explaining 1) why in the world a half pound of pasta was stuffed into the pipes and 2) why in the world my husband took the sink apart himself.

Quotes from G, our happy plumber:
" ooooooh yuck!"
" these pipes are really grimy"
"there's a chance I'll be able to put this back together"

" how far could it [the spaghetti] possible be? I mean, how far can spaghetti go?" [after taking off piece after piece of pipe and not finding the clog]

"the noises and sites associated with this are very similar to those of vomiting."
I'm happy to report that G DID get the pipes reassembled and the drain now drains and the water seems to be flowing without any leakage. I was amazed, and G was beaming with pride all evening! Who knew he could he so handy?

3 comments:
I know that sink issue all too well! Let me advise against putting potato peelings in the garbage disposal. I did that a couple weekends ago, and my dad talked me through how to get the pipes apart and get the peels out. Ick!
Hope you had a good birthday!
and now i will add to the list carrot peelings. during a BIG cooking prep night, i disposed of 5lbs of carrot peelings all at once. we had a very similar situation on our hands. my granddaddy talked anthony through the process and he was quite pleased with himself as well, he being the not so handy type himself. way to go G! he took care of the mess and didn't have to call the plumber either! awesome! ;)
Ugh.....and that's what we're having for supper tonight.
Post a Comment