Last week I tried to plan some fun activities for us since it was K's last full week at home before starting school (which starts tomorrow!!!). The week did not start off the way I had planned as I woke up Monday morning very sick and pretty much had to lay on the couch all day. But I was so glad to be feeling better on Tuesday because our good friends the Roberts family came from Virginia to spend the day with us. The kids had so much fun. Maura and I hardly saw the big kids all day since they spent most of their time entertaining themselves upstairs in the kids' rooms. K&A have been asking for another play date with them soon.

Remember when Maura and I just had K & Katelyn? Now we have 7!!!
On Wednesday we had a very fun morning exploring the local arboretum. It was a bit warm, but there was lots of shade and we took lots of breaks and we managed to stay for several hours. I think I overdid it, though, because I felt sick again all afternoon and we had to have a pretty low key day after that.


On Thursday we went to the kids museum. We hadn't been all summer, so Thursday morning I loaded them into the car but wouldn't tell them where we were going. They kept guessing the whole way there, and K figured it out pretty quickly, but I wouldn't confirm until we were parked in the parking lot. They were so excited and K couldn't wait to check out the Olympic sports area. I could tell he was getting a little old for some of the permanent exhibits, but we found fun things for him, like getting to work with real tools, building a race car and racing it down a track, and of course, the indoor hockey rink was a hit.

trying out flippers on dry land

He loved doing the hurtles

and the hockey - maybe we should scrap the current plans and put one of these in the basement!


it took some patience, but he finally managed to saw off the end of the tube.

I think she makes a very cute pirate!
Thurs night we went out for pizza and then did the bunjee bounce at the mall. It was K's first time doing it, and he had so much fun! Now they are both trying to earn another trip back to do that again ! And of course, Friday I was home sick again! It was frustrating for me not to be feeling well when I really wanted to do as much with the kids as I could, but I powered through and we did as much as we could, and hopefully K had a very fun week!

trying out flippers on dry land

He loved doing the hurtles

and the hockey - maybe we should scrap the current plans and put one of these in the basement!


it took some patience, but he finally managed to saw off the end of the tube.

I think she makes a very cute pirate!
Thurs night we went out for pizza and then did the bunjee bounce at the mall. It was K's first time doing it, and he had so much fun! Now they are both trying to earn another trip back to do that again ! And of course, Friday I was home sick again! It was frustrating for me not to be feeling well when I really wanted to do as much with the kids as I could, but I powered through and we did as much as we could, and hopefully K had a very fun week!












1 comment:
You are a wonderful Mom who seems to make every week special! I can't believe you did all that during a week when you weren't feeling well. I can only imagine what you do with your kids when your are 100% healthy.
Oops.....I didn't know you were supposed to outgrow Marbles Museum. Brian had too much fun sawing and I had to do some hula hoops. Quite a sight. :)
Post a Comment