Really can't complain so far. But today was ridiculous!
Item 1: Large blank shamrock that needed to be covered entirely in something green (like sequins, glitter, buttons, etc.). Due tomorrow. Be creative! Somehow I managed to scrounge together enough green craft stuff to make it work, but is it really reasonable to expect an entire class to have enough green stuff on hand to cover a sheet of paper with one night's notice?
Item 2: Hi-Hat brought home a script with his parts highlighted (Three Little Pigs, he had 8 lines or so). His folder included a white paper plate. No instructions or other information. Hi-Hat says he's in a play and needs to make a pig mask by tomorrow. "Do you need to memorize your part?" "I think I do." Sheesh! Pig mask is done, with large eye holes cut out so he can READ his lines off the script!
Item 3: This was mentioned about 15 minutes before bedtime. "I need to bring in eggs. [The teacher] asked who could bring them and I raised my hand. We bring in as many as we want and they need to be hard-boiled. The kind that all the goo comes out when you crack them." WHAT??? Desperate call to classmate's mom. Classmate confirms that Hi-Hat did volunteer to bring the eggs, and [another classmate] volunteered to bring the Coca-Cola. It's for an experiment. (??) Neither knows when the experiment is to take place, but maybe tomorrow. Classmate thinks they are the boiled kind. Well, all I have is 3 eggs, and I'm boiling them and sending them in. If the teacher expects something else, she'd better send a note next time!

5 comments:
I'm impressed he remembered it! Poor Cailey never seemed to be able to remember stuff like that (although that doesn't seem to be true of stuff she actually WANTS to remember)
About sending a note next time...seriously!!!
I've never even boiled an egg! Not sure I would do it right. As for the other projects, ha! None of it would happen as my supply cabinet and creative ability are zilch. I'm afraid Sarah will be very deprived of creative things in our homeschool and I fear I may cause her to flunk if I send her to school.
I know how to boil an egg. I have the recipe. On a card. In my recipe box. Seriously. This is hysterical!!
wow, and to think I made a 6TH GRADER write in his agenda today to remember to bring in a pencil tomorrow! My expectations are too low :)
Post a Comment