I quickly stole this cute idea from Heather. But if you're going to post pictures AND how-to instructions for something so cute, what do you expect?! Fancy was a bit miffed yesterday afternoon to come home from school and find that the leprechaun did not leave us any treats. Let me just say, this leprechaun business is all new to me. When I was a kid, the most we did for St. Patrick's Day was wear green and try to avoid getting pinched. It seems that now it has become a preschool/elementary holiday ranking right up there with Valentine's Day. My kids expect nothing less than a visit from the leprechaun, which includes him making a mess somewhere, leaving treats, and coloring our food green. I need to start planning for next year... I thought I would make these cupcakes with Rella this morning so we could say that the leprechaun did actually come and leave us a treat, just a day late. Hopefully they will suffice. I used the Hello Cupcake vanilla cake recipe along with their cream cheese frosting recipe, with an extra large dollop of marshmallow fluff thrown in for good measure. They are quite yummy, if I do say so myself. And now we have 20 or so cupcakes to eat, so if you want to stop by and look pitiful on my doorstep I might just offer you one!
Ring my bell - chime in!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Stole the idea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh, I must try that frosting recipe! Just requested Hello Cupcake from the library (I love our library!).
I love those cupcakes. I think I'll make them again just to photograph them! ;) Glad you enjoyed them!
And I'm with you...since when did St. Paddy's turn into Halloween in March?
I must admit, finding green things to do yesterday was a little fun. :)
Post a Comment