Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Another day, another farm

I think I want a farm. I love being in the country. I love the rustic textures - the tree bark, the grass, the wood planks, the metal, the rust, the flowers, the animals. I love all the green and brown. I just love how buildings and the tools sometimes look like they have grown out of the earth - like they belong there - and they serve a purpose, even if they aren't polished, shiny and new. I hope I can keep exposing my kids to all things rural. Maybe I will plant a garden...

Today's morning field trip to the organic produce farm was great! We waffled back and forth trying to decide whether or not to go with rain in the forecast. Turns out the morning was lovely! No rain and mild temperatures and not much mud. We met Pete the horse, went on a hay ride, walked through the greenhouse and sampled fresh greenhouse strawberries, planted lettuce in the field, planted our own seeds to grow at home, and had a picnic lunch. The rain started when I was about 5 minutes from home. Can't complain about that!
Hilltop Farm 2
Hilltop Farm 1

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Your layouts are AMAZING!
I wish I could adjust the color like you did in these pics, and the photo template rocks! I'm determined to try using PSE for my layouts for this trip, but it may not get done till next year! :)