Seems like every other day is some sort of preschool/kindergarten holiday/special day/Hallmark day/the kids just need more sugar day. I've never done anything for April Fool's Day, but I'm in the mode, so I set up a few pranks. Very mild, not even sure they qualify as pranks. But I got the ball rolling and have some fun ideas for next year (this year's ideas were all straight out of Family Fun magazine - I'm not an original, creative mama. I just play one on TV, reading my lines straight out of this mag). Here were the tricks I played:

Wormy apples for their lunch boxes.


I opened their snack crackers, replaced the crackers with blueberries and resealed the packages. This was fun - Hi-Hat was mystified!
And a few other random pictures I like this week:
Kidz Praise Concert. This about says it all (and Hi-Hat is the letter "U," second row, out of sight, right where he prefers to be - good thing he wants to be a drummer. He can hide out behind the drum kit).

Kidz Praise Concert. This about says it all (and Hi-Hat is the letter "U," second row, out of sight, right where he prefers to be - good thing he wants to be a drummer. He can hide out behind the drum kit).

Fancy wants to be in the choir SO badly. She managed to thoroughly enjoy herself at the concert and happily sang along from her seat in the 4th row - have I ever mentioned here that she intends to be an opera singer when she grows up? I'm going to have to record and share some of her "opera songs" that she has made up.
And finally, proof that this girl, who is changing and looking so much older these days, is really still very little. :)
And finally, proof that this girl, who is changing and looking so much older these days, is really still very little. :)




4 comments:
What great ideas for April Fool's Day! What an awesome mom to take the time and make an ordinary day extraordinary!
you always do the most creative things with your kids. maybe you could start posting what you "plan" to do so i can copy you and then i won't feel like a loser!! :)
I'll just start sending my back issues of Family Fun over to you!
Hi Laura! I had seen the pranks in Family Fun magazine last week, but was much too lazy to do them myself. So kudos for you for doing them! And for taking such cool pics so that we could see how it turned out. Your pics were better than the ones in the magazine! :)
Post a Comment