Today we met friends for some playtime - picking strawberries and exploring the most AWESOME backyard (paths through the woods, a huge rocky creek to play in, bridges, swings suspended from high in the trees, worms, crayfish... so very fun. I was bummed b/c I forgot my camera's memory card). They came home soaked, muddy and exhausted. Anyway, K, A & their friends were pretty far down the creek, climbing all through the water and up on a dam, trying to "save the beavers." EB had really hung in there all morning, but was getting pretty desperate for a nap, so I started walking toward them calling out their names. I heard Addie's voice floating down the stream saying,
"awww... Mom! Don't mess with our life!"
I suspect that won't be the first time I hear that... :)

2 comments:
I'm not sure if you know this...but at the end of the post you wrote Addie instead of A...looks like a cool backyard! Where was that? I used to love exploring like that when I was a kid!
i know - i'm going to switch to the "clean" blog soon. i figure their names are already all over this one, so it doesn't matter. :)
Post a Comment