Ring my bell - chime in!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Her Sporty New Hair Do

Well, she DID get a haircut this week and it's really cute, but that's not what the post is about. Tomorrow morning we are having the kids' portraits made, and I've been gearing up for it for days - picking out the right clothes, finding new shoes, working on their feet (do your kids get awful summer feet? I blame it on crocs...), haircuts, etc. Anyway, just before bedtime tonight, all three kids started playing in the living room, and since I don't usually do bedtime, I was happy to let them stall (G was playing basketball with friends tonight). K was entertaining EB with his remote controlled race car, and she and A were crawling around chasing it. Then I hear a cry and "oh no!" I look over and the race car was dangling from A's hair!!! Just what I need the night before a photo session, but I guess it's a classic situation. Anyway, the hair was very tightly wound around the wheel, so there was no option but to cut it out. I think with the right combing it won't show, but it just about gave me a heart attack.


And this was on top of me - I kid you not - somehow managing to hole-punch my stomach using a 3-hole-punch this afternoon. That's a nasty boo-boo, and even Addie the intrepid patient was grossed out by it. The excellent part of the day was that K&A played with the water table, buckets, spray bottles and water cannons on the deck for 6 HOURS today. It was unreal. Like having them in a wet and wild playpen for the entire day.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm dumb...what are summer feet and water bombs? I LOVE the built in playpen!!

The Hilemans said...

summer feet around here mean dirty toenails that are impossible to clean and feet just generally looking grimy thanks to crocs getting so dirty inside, even after we give them baths! I need to get back into the routine of washing crocs when i was dishes. the water rockets are these gigantic foam syringe things that you use to suck up water that you can then shoot 50 feet. pretty fun!

Janet said...

Hope this comment makes you laugh....It's after midnight and I haven't checked everyone's blogs cause Brian and I just got home. Well....I should know better than to try and read anything after midnight. I'm sitting here for the longest time trying to figure out which of your children stand for the letter "G". I had a hard enough time thinking through the K and A and EB stuff, but boy did the "G" really stump me. Time for bed!

KR said...

Laura!!! You 3 hole punched your stomach? I'll be praying for you....that sounds eerily like ME! I am soooo sorry!!!!! Kristen :)

anthonyandbeth said...

the hole punch things sounds HORRIBLE!!! i bet it hurt and STILL hurts! oh my goodness! the hair thing is classic, just when you need "perfect" hair this kind of thing is bound to happen! ;) and we know what summer feet are! jackson's poor toenails are AWFUL and just barely come clean and then there we are putting the shoes on the next day. do you put the crocs on the top shelf of the dishwasher? i'm very interested in this....