Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Birthday Babies

On Saturday we had a birthday party for EB and her two little buddies who are all turning 1. When we lived in Maryland, K had two little buddies that were born within a month of his birthday, and we would celebrate them together, so it's funny how life can repeat itself. K and his little buddies are still great friends when we get together, and I hope that EB and her two little pals will always be great friends. Their families certainly are very special to us. Here are some highlights from the party:



birthday babies

the one sad little "bea cake" that survived
We weren't sure how long the babies would last being happy, so we first put them in their high chairs and gave them their cake to work on while the guests enjoyed food and cupcakes. *One sad note - I had worked very hard to make cupcakes with little bumblebees on them (I've been envisioning "bea" cakes for her birthday since she was born), but I dropped them on the way to the picnic shelter! Luckily one little cupcake survived well enough for EB to have, but I was still pretty bummed...

Mommies and Daddies and babies - oh my!


Cake! He definitely wins for the biggest mess!

Just like her siblings before her, EB got strung out on cake and lost it. She was so upset she didn't even look like herself! Who IS this baby?

What the bumps became... :)

play time at the party

opening first birthday presents at home

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

what a fun birthday party! so sorry to hear about the cupcakes! i'm sure that was disappointing! it's so great that the kids are so close and the mommies are so close too! it will be very special for all of you for years and years to come! you girls looks so cute with your bumps!

Janet said...

I absolutely love the remake of the moms and the babies NOW outside of the tummies. That is so awesome! I'm SO sorry we were away during this wonderful event. How precious for you all to celebrate together!

Sherri said...

Those pics are fabulous. And the bea cupcakes - what a great idea..sorry about the disaster..we have a similar story - only the cake was the grooms cake for a wedding. We're so sad we missed the awesome party for those precious babes. The bump photo is hysterical.