Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dum, dum-da-dum, dum, dum

So are you singing the graduation song? If not, start playing it in your head. K is officially done with preschool, so he says that now he's a kindergardener! I know it's just preschool, but I was really proud of him today and he seemed like such a big kid showing me around his school room for the last time. He definitely seemed ready to move on to bigger things. And I only almost started crying once during the ceremony. Thankfully I had seen the slide show several times before since I did all the editing, otherwise I would have been a crumpled mess of mommy down on the floor! :)

After the ceremony they had a little cake party, and then Kellen chose to come on home early and eat lunch here. We looked through his folder that included a booklet his teacher made about what each child wants to be when he/she grows up. Kellen wants to be a builder. That seems about right to me since most of what he's talked about over the past 2 years has been all the playground construction projects he and best buddy Robert worked on (fixing the school's water mains, building sky scrapers, paving roads, etc).

It's all going by way too fast!

Singing their graduation songs and waiting for his diploma

Getting called up on stage and recessing down the aisle

With teachers Ms. Linda & Ms. Susan

With his best buddy & saying bye to the class hermit crabs Anniken, Sparkles & Cookie

1 comment:

Janet said...

Too cute!! Love the tie-dye t-shirts!! You are an editor for their school too! Wow!!

Now I should go call my Mom and ask her who my preschool teachers were. I'm showing my age!