Eight days left until Christmas, and we finally took Kellen, Addie and Ellary to see Santa. We waited in line for about an hour, but the kids were very patient. When we got to the mall we decided to eat first, and poor Kellen got a terrible stomachache within minutes of sitting down to dinner. So Kellen alternated between curling up in a ball on the floor and sitting in Ellary's stroller while we waited in line. We offered to take him home and come back tomorrow, but he insisted that we stay so he could be sure to tell Santa that he wants an electric guitar and an iphone (HA!) for Christmas. I felt bad for him, but I have to admit that I didn't really want to go through all the effort of getting the kids dressed up and coming back to the mall again!
Addie was over the moon with excitement about seeing Santa, and she asked for a juice machine. I believe she came up with this because yesterday she wanted apple juice, and we were out of juice in our house. She said if she had her own juice machine in her room she could just push a button have juice whenever she wanted it.
Ellary was starting to get a little fussy by the time we reached the front of the line since it was past her bedtime, but she did settle down and sit on Santa's lap. She kept staring up at him with this amazed look on her face. I'm sure she thought this was a very strange situation!
Kellen was still obviously in pain when we were leaving the mall, but on our way out the doors he did turn to me (while still clutching his stomach), grin and say, "Mom! I heard him say 'ho ho ho!'" And so it was all worth it... o<|:)D
Ring my bell - chime in!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Ho Ho Ho!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Kellen! Did you ever figure out what was wrong?
Mary Claire was very concerned when she heard Kellen cry and since that night she has been talking about it...now I can tell her he had a stomach ache. Poor guy. Laura, your kids looked great! We felt for you when we saw the Santa line!
Post a Comment