Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Bok-bok-bok-ba-bok-bok-ba-GOK!

Did your kids have that Fisher Price farm that made all the farm animal noises?  I can still hear the chicken sound clearly in my head when I think of that toy.  In case you haven't heard, we are rearing a little flock of chicks over here.  Except that they are now chickens.  My brother brought us 8 baby chicks on Easter weekend, and they have lived in an incubator in our basement bathroom ever since.  We thought it would be a fun learning project for the kids.  And since we don't have the dog anymore and Fancy is so crazy about animals, how could I have said no to such an offer?  This has been a temporary chick-fostering situation - they are destined to return to Uncle Ben's farm this weekend.  THIS WEEKEND!! And the only reason I'm excited is because they drop smelly poop everywhere in their incubator, including their food and water containers and their feet freak me out the little chicks have quickly grown into little chickens in the past couple weeks, and I'm thinking they could stand to stretch their legs and run around the farm.  Here's what they looked like when they first arrived:

Here's what they looked like last week:
And here's what they looked like on Thursday:
And as of this morning, our charges are making their way back to Virginia.  Bye bye birdies!

1 comment:

Yard Sale Mommy said...

Darn! I was hoping to get those little yellow chicks in a photo shoot with Charlotte's cute little yard sale smocked chick outfit!! Oh well, I guess puberty comes early for chickens.