Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Kids at the Library

Friday afternoon, Hi-Hat's first grade class had an Author's Tea for parents.  We all arrived to find our little authors sitting in groups with the books they had been working on writing all week using story starters.  Each student took a turn reading their story to the parents, and we celebrated their work with tea and cookies.  I thought I'd share Hi-Hat's story (unedited).

The Kids at the Library
Ritin and Ilistrated by [Hi-Hat]
One day a boy named Jeff and his friend Larry went to the library.  Jeff's mother said they could each pick out five books.  Jeff got five Magic Treehouse books.  Larry got four Junie B. Jones books.  "Wait" said Larry.  I need one more book.  "OK" said Jeff. 
But right when Larry got to the Junie B. section the lights went out and the gaurd came out and the door locked.  And they were locked in the library. "What are we going to do with that gaurd out asked" Larry.  I don't know said Jeff.  Maybe we can ask the gaurd if he has the key. 
"Good idea" said Jeff.  They went to ask the gaurd if he had the key.  He said no.  I'm afraid your stuck.  "Oh no" seid Jeff. "Mom" said we haft to be back by 6:07.  She'll be mad.  "Try the window" said the gaurd walking by.  They went to the window but they tryed it and it was stuck. "They asked the gaurd if the offices were locked. Yes" he said. 
Only the furnace rooom is unlocked.  Is the key in there? Yes he said.  Let's go check.  Oh man it's in a locked safe.  "Wait I know the code" said the gaurd.  He dialed the number 200,567,800,24. 
 "Here's the key" said the gaurd.  "Yay" seid Larry and Jeff and they got out of the library.  "What took you so long" said "Jeff's mom when they got home.  Oh it's a long story" said Jeff.  "We'll tell you at dinner" said Larry.  And they did. At 4:00 in the morning they broke into the library chimney and dropped onto a blue tile.  They got trapped and dropped into the doungoun.  The gaurds asked them the code.  "They remembered the code," said it, got out, went home to bed and lived hapily ever after.  The end.

About the Author

My name is [Hi-Hat]
I am 7 years old.
I am in first grade.
My favorite food is pizza.
My favorite book is Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days
My hobby is shooting targets.

1 comment:

KR said...

Those ilistrations rock! Wow!! And the hobby....priceless!