Tonight I sat down and read my 2009 blog book cover to cover. That was fun. I closed the book feeling very satisfied. Satisfied that A) I had actually written down so many great memories for my kids, B) I actually had those writings printed and bound so my kids can read them to their kids, C) on paper, we are a fun, busy, creative family! Granted, there were a few disappointments: 1) I didn't follow through on my Project 365 that Beth so looked forward to reading. 2) I never did get those Disney pictures finished. Not from 2008 or 2009. Or the Chicago pictures. But never say never. 3) Rella is still not potty trained. 4) Despite my words, we did get a dog. I think I'll make time to read over these books every year and always keep my little ones close in mind.
So I just wanted to post what I did today. In case Kellen is reading this 20 years from now and wonders.
Today I took the big kids to school. Then I took Rella to ballet and worked on VBS curriculum while waiting for her class to finish. We came home and I made reservations for Fancy's cooking school birthday party and I had a cup of coffee for breakfast. I took Rella for a play date with two little friends. I ate her left-over lunch for lunch. This afternoon we spent 45 minutes picking out Mother's Day cards and then realized I had no wallet in my purse and so had to go back home to fetch it and return to the card store. While there I picked up three packages of Silly Bandz, because I would not have gotten those when I was a kid. Then we went to the party store to look at A) cooking party stuff (which they do not have) B) cowboy stuff (which they have very little of) and C) jelly beans (which Rella was sweetly asking for but they did not have). Then we went to Target to look for wooden mixing spoons (party favors down the road) and some snack mix and lemonade because I was hungry. Picked up the kids from school. Surprised them with silly bandz and got "woo-hoo - these are so cool! Everyone has these!" reactions from beaming kids. I smiled. Dinner out and family shopping trip to Crate and Barrel for a wedding gift. Fancy announced that it was the most beautiful store she had ever been in and Rella complained that she wanted "to get outta this place." I drooled over the most adorable miniature sherbert cups and spoons stacked neatly on display, but sadly left them there. Because I'd have to start making sherbert. Then I came home and read my blog book while Super Dad put the kids to bed before heading out to the gym.
Today we also purchased tickets for Rella's upcoming dance recital. Washed uniforms for two baseball games tomorrow. Joined a community pool and made the executive decision to throw our non-swimming kids onto the swim team (go Aquabears!) to learn how to swim. We are looking forward to evenings at the pool, dipping bananas into jell-o powder and pizza on the pool deck (at least that's how it was when I was a Season's Trace Serpent). We confirmed our Disney trip and restaurant reservations. Rella's been talking non-stop about getting to eat "at Hi-wy-ee." I administered an inhaler and gave lots of bedtime hugs and kisses and joked about running out of them and having to get more at Target. I prepared brag books for two photo clients and drank another cup of coffee. I just helped you (Kellen) find another book to read since you've read all your library books. I just hugged you again because you ran back to the kitchen with open arms and said, "I just want to make sure I hugged you tonight," and we checked for wiggly teeth (you have 3). I just heard the dryer cut off, so I'm going to go fold laundry. And if you're reading this 20 years from now and have had a full, exhausting and satisfying day, I'm right there with ya, my love.

Ring my bell - chime in!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Dear Diary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This was really sweet. I love it.
you are super mom!! what pool did yall join?
Aw! Love this.
i love this. and yes, i was looking forward to the 365...ha ha but i love all your posts and all your pictures. K will most def. get a kick out of reading this someday and i'm sure YOU will be just as happy when you read it down the road. these ordinary days are what we're gonna want to remember! :)
Post a Comment