Preface: Hi-Hat has been playing drums since, well, forever. Drum drum drum drum drum. He walks around the house with books stuck to his face, reading constantly. Often over the past year I will find him camped out in the kids' office writing stories. Two days ago he got his first Nerf gun shooter.
Today I went to an Author's Tea in his first grade classroom. Each student read a story that s/he had been working on over the past couple weeks, and we all enjoyed tea and cookies. At the end of their stories, each student had prepared an "About the Author" page. "My name is [Hi-Hat]. I am in 1st grade. My favorite food is pizza. My favorite book is Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days. My hobby is shooting targets." Um. OK.
______
From the mouth of the 2-year-old just as I was delivering bowls of steaming hot alphabet soup to the table:
"Why are there clouds coming out of my soup?"
______
Late last night, well past bedtime, I look out of my room in time to see a giant orange cardboard iPod sandwich walking down the hallway. "Fancy, WHAT are you doing?" Fancy, "One time I borrowed this from Hi-Hat and I needed to return it."

Ring my bell - chime in!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Friday Night Laugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment