Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bon Bons, Anyone?

What a shame - I didn't make any. I think I made something one time that would qualify as a bon bon. It involved cream cheese, crushed oreos and cocoa powder. Heavenly. But I digress. I had a very nice morning! All three kids were occupied with school from 9:00 - 12:45 (yes, I send my 2 year old to preschool, and she LOVES it!). I am so in need of some down time these days, what with the mono recovery and all (pretty much over it by now, though still somewhat tired). I'm one of those people who just needs time to myself to recharge and refocus. Again, I'm digressing. So I dropped off the kids, then had a nice hour-long visit to the salon to have some stuff done to my hair. Got to read interesting magazines and sit in a comfy massaging chair and have my head rubbed. Then I went to the bath and body store and came out with two jars of mint sugar scrub. That stuff is amazing! Granted, we use it to clean our kids summer-sandal-brined feet that you can smell coming a mile away, but it does at least sound like a luxurious purchase. Then I went and bought myself a photog magazine, picked up the little one from preschool, and came home to find hubby here with pasta for lunch and a tidy little box full of delicious goodies from The Cupcake Shoppe.

and look - weren't we good? Geof and I shared one. (well, that just means there's one left over for later. maybe we'll share that one, too.)
AND, there was a package on the doorstep containing two stems of my beloved discontinued crystal pattern.
I mean is that a good morning or what? Definitely not the norm, but just the kind of day a mom needs now and then.

Then we got the mail. There was an interesting tube in the mailbox. Bubble has burst and back to my reality as a mom. A mom who mailed away for live insect larvae to be mailed to my house so that we can raise them in a nice little colorful plastic habitat in the kitchen.
That tube says open immediately, but I did not, and it gives me the hebejebes just thinking about it. I suppose I'd better go tend to that before Fancy finds it herself and tears into it and releases the larvae all over the house. I suspect said naughty little dog would have a field day with those.

3 comments:

The Lord Family said...

Yum. Yum. Triple Yum.

And, I'd watch your cupcakes around the naughty dog. I speak from experience!

anthonyandbeth said...

sounds like such a fun day! i told a friend recently that i think for my birthday i'm going to ask for a stay at a hotel all by myself, order in take-out, read and watch TV, sleep in until noon and no one better call me unless there is a life and death emergency. what do you think??? :) i just think y'all are the coolest family...specialty cupcakes for snack! i have got some major learning to do!

Ashley said...

Your day sounds like my idea of a perfect day! I'm an introvert too, that's how I refuel. All I would add is a trip to a cafe in a bookstore and receiving a package from Amazon instead of Replacements ;). We should have a day like that together sometime! I miss you (and your whole family, too!)