Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

do they see?

This summer I commented in a post that it's easy for me to get caught up in my work - my focus wanders, the details take over.  So I am encouraged when God shows me something through my pictures.  Tonight it was through pictures and a lovely song.

I had wonderful photo session this morning with an old friend and her family.  We went somewhere different, had gorgeous weather, had fun with a spunky babe.  And while I love taking pictures, meeting old friends and making new ones, that's not all I want my work to be about. 
This is what it should be about:
(excerpted from Joy Williams' "Do They See Jesus in Me")

Do they see Jesus In Me 
Do they recognize Your face 
Do I communicate Your love, and Your grace 
Do I reflect who You are 
In the way I choose to be 
Do they see Jesus In Me

It's amazing that you'd ever use me 
But use me the way You will 
Help me to hold out a heart of 
compassionate grace 
A heart that You're spirit fills 
May I show forgiveness and mercy 
The same way You've shown it to me

Now I want to show all the world who You are 
The reason I live and breathe 
So You'll be the One that they see 
When they see me

Do they see Jesus in me?  I hope so.  

No comments: