Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

MIA

My kids have all started school - so where has all my free time gone? Haven't had much time for blogging lately. I'm trying to get our house in order, doing some deep cleaning. Can I just mention how much I love my new little green machine? She's great. I heart her. We can all rest better now knowing that the under sides of my couch cushions are sparkling. :)


I want to decorate the living room for fall this morning, but I thought I'd play catch up a bit and post a few pictures of what we've been up to lately.

Here's Rella on her first day of preschool. Which she loves! School days are like Christmas for her. Once again, Ms. Jennifer is a rock star in our house.
Ready with her school bag. Decorating preschool bags has become my thing.

The family school bus is loaded and ready to go!

First day of school!

Empty school bus. So we went out for coffee. Yippee!

One of our favorite things to do is go to the park (not the playground, but the wooded walking trails that my kids call the forest. Which it is.) We took an evening walk the other night, and it started getting dark on us deep in the forest.



This stump proved to be great fun for climbing and jumping

She's just so little!

We also found a new park around here, which just might be one of my favorite places to go play. Lots of paths, fun old farm buildings to explore, a stage to play on, and trees to climb. We loved it!



proof that he is indeed super dad.

she tends to want to wear her minnie mouse dress everywhere. i was instructed to wash it for her today. instead I'm blogging. :)

What else...what else... Safety Day! I think this was our 4th year going. Rella actually hugged a dressed up dalmatian, which bodes very well for Disney in SIX WEEKS!!!!! woo-hoo.

family portrait.

one tired firefighter in training.

Being rescued from the fire safety house by an officer who had to be younger than my baby brother. craziness.

Oops - forgot that we had fun times over Labor Day weekend, too. We ended up at Busch Gardens on Labor Day, and Hi-Hat rode the Big Bad Wolf twice! Another woo-hoo! He's all about overcoming fears this year. Again, bodes well for Disney in (did I mention this before) SIX WEEKS! It rained, so Geof had to do the super dad thing and run my camera back to the car, so I just have a couple pictures from the carousel and the swings.

wild ride on the carousel.

swingin' in the rain...just swingin' in the rain

OK, back to adorning the living room with ceramic pumpkins and autumn garlands for the mantle. Happy fall y'all!

No comments: