Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, September 14, 2009

i heart faces . . . contemplative & pets

Thanks, H, for introducing me to this photo blog. If you love great photos and love finding inspiration for your own photos, check it out. I did and I'm hooked. So I'm posting some pictures for this week's challenge - a contemplative photo and a pet entry. Here's the first - an oldie but goodie (well, not that old as it was just a few weeks ago, but old if you know the ridiculous quantity of photos that I take of my kids...).
Rella seemed to be debating the merits of my insisting that she needed a wipe for a little something on her face.

And here's my pet photo:
OK, OK, so not really a pet. But we all know how much Fancy loves all things creepy crawly (we are currently housing a lively beta fish next to a habitat full of developing lady bug larvae on our kitchen counter). I'm pretty sure he would have be a stow away on the ride home from the park had she pockets in her outfit!

9 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

You have a really great pet photo!

kaTie said...

i totally love your frog shot! (just glad it's not me holding it!)

WARNING!
this site is soooo very addictive!

lol - have fun!

anthonyandbeth said...

fun! did you see McMama's tutorial recently on how she gets the eyes SO blue in her photos? made me think of you when i read it and then this picture of EB has the most blue eyes! beautiful!

The Hilemans said...

thanks beth! I did read that post. I have my own eye tricks, but her's were quite useful to add to my mix. Sigh - if only there were more hours in the day to play with photos. :)

Monika said...

Beautiful shots!! Both of the, just stunning!

Foursons said...

Oh, I LOVE the pet photo. Something about the way you captured and edited it- beautiful.

And that sweet, messy face looking like you're insane for wanting to clean her up. Priceless.

Great entries.

Amanda said...

What great shots. The frog is really neat!

Maureen said...

What a great shot! Love the froggy pic :D

Unknown said...

These are both gorgeous! Especially love the froggy shot :)