Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Wrap Up

Whew - it's Friday!  This week should have been a breeze what with my day off and all (and what a nice day that was!!).  I really have nothing to post about it, because I really did nothing!  I did get my hair cut, but if you're on facebook that's old news.  Here's a picture just in case. 

Anyway, on Tuesday Rella clung to my leg and whined all day.  I was thinking it was payback for sending her away with Dad on Monday (which I know she thoroughly enjoyed because she's been talking about the zoo all week and telling people she saw a "girr-aff" (which she didn't) and a "lion, he was seeping in the grass.  he need wake up!").  Wednesday she was still clingy and fussy and green gunky, and she said "boo boo my ear mommy." So off to the dr.  No ear infection, probably something viral, but came home with antibiotic I could give her later in the week if no improvement.  Yesterday, no improvement.  She has become my permanent fussy ankle weight who seems to be subsiding on icee pops.  So I gave her the antibiotic and she broke out in immediate rash.  So no more medicine, dr wants to wait until next week to try something else, and we're back to general fussiness.  Poor baby and I need another day off!

Fancy has benefitted from my discovery that Dillards has REALLY cute summer sundresses for girls at VERY reasonable prices.  It was like shopping in the sherbet section of the freezer case.  She's much more willing now than she used to be to wear dresses on days other than Sundays.  Yesterday I pulled out a skirt I bought online (not from Dillards, but very cute) that she had immediately poo-pooed, saying it was too big, too long and she would never wear it.  She put it on over her dance clothes and immediately fell in love and wore it the rest of the day.  I was loving it!  Totally different look for her.  I tried to get some cute pictures, but she wasn't really into it.  I did manage to come away with a few I liked. (hmmm.  I just realized that as I type, Rella is cleaning out my jelly bean dispenser.  Guess icees and jellybeans are today's specials).
  
(so hard to believe she only has 4 days of preschool left!)

We went to dinner one night this week - I think on Tuesday when Rella had been on my leg all day and I could do nothing to scrape together dinner.  I think we decided we are done with the big chain type places.  The food is always just ok, probably awful for you, and is always the same.  We've been trying to eat local more often when we go out, so next time we'll be heading back downtown for sure.  Our current favorite is the Flying Biscuit, which is actually a small chain, but oh, so good and feels local.  Here's the sign outside big chain eatery that cracked up Hi-Hat.  Oh, and another reason to go to the Flying Biscuit is that they have awesome murals painted on the ceilings, and they have all the paint cans of the custom colors they use for the murals on display.  Last time we just happened to be sitting under the color "the bees knees."

OK, this post is quite dull and even more random, so may as well throw in another random picture.  Thanks to the magic of the DVR I never ever watch commercials.  For some reason I caught the commercials last night and I was mesmerized by the flying m&ms.  And for some reason I had my camera on my lap.  I'm pretty sure I had a bowl of ice cream after seeing this commercial.

And now, little Rella, whose mouth is STILL full of jelly beans, and who is STILL wearing her jammies and will probably wear them to carpool in 5 minutes, is grabbing my arms and saying "stop it.  stop it."  Guess I should sign off this dull post and go get Fancy from school.

'bye.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

In her pictures, Fancy reminds me of Emily Ransone when we were little!

The Wise Family said...

This is by far my favorite post of yours. Does that make me weird?