It's been a busy weekend, and we still have church, a birthday party and the Bulls game tomorrow. We started on Friday night with a slumber party for the kids - I was slated for sleeping over with Fancy, and Geof was staring down the barrel of a night in Hi-Hat's trundle bed. :) I popped 3 bags of popcorn and made a pot of hot chocolate (at Fancy's request), and we settled in on the mammoth for some canine hijinks in "Hotel for Dogs." Cute movie. Hi-Hat loved the contraptions and hee-hawed his way through the whole thing. Fancy liked the dogs, but I think she was really just biding her time for the sleepover part of the slumber party. As soon as the credits began rolling she jumped up and said, "is it time for the Columbus party?" We were all out by 9:30!

This morning we all headed out for Hi-Hat's 3rd t-ball game. I'm still not keeping track of the score, but I have a feeling the Red Sox won. They were a bunch of 6 year olds who really had it together! But Hi-Hat got 2 hits and 2 runs, and he's really working on his hustle when running the bases. He's caught baseball fever and we're having a lot of fun at games together.
After the game, Fancy and I came home and got all fancied up for our afternoon at the ballet. We have season tickets for the Carolina Ballet, and today was Coppelia (this while Geof had the other 2 at the school carnival - no pictures, but the report is that they had a great time). T o make our outing extra special, Fancy and I went to lunch, and I wanted to go somewhere nice since we'd be all dressed up. I asked her for suggestions, and here they are ranked in descending order of "fanciness" (according to me):
1. Tony's Pizza
2. Chick-fil-A (Tony's only ranks fancier b/c they play Italian music on the sound system; otherwise not at all fancy)
3. The popcorn machine at the dry cleaners. Seriously. (and NO, we've never had lunch there before - or any meal for that matter!)
We ended up at Panera (Panero's, as she calls it). That is not what I call fancy, but she really wanted a ham sandwich and Panera works for that. Then on to the theater. Once settled into our seats, Fancy was surprised and thrilled to find a school friend sitting a few rows away, and the girls spent each intermission singing and dancing together, emulating the dancing they had seen on stage. A very nice and successful afternoon, and we're really looking forward to Beauty and the Beast. It's fun having this girl!
Ring my bell - chime in!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two, Slumber Sailed the Ocean Blue
(the theater seat ate her)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the slumber party idea! Especially that you guys slept in their rooms. Very cute. Mary Claire has been itching for me to sleep in her bed, ya know, on the top bunk. That is not going to happen. Hope our girls don't compare notes.
Oh how sweet!!! What precious memories. Love your curly haired teeth brushing self portrait. How adorable. Your children are blessed to have such fun parents.
Post a Comment