Ring my bell - chime in!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mid week musings

I think I'm on course for another random post. A college friend had this link posted on facebook, and I had to share: Awkward Family Photos. I honestly haven't vetted the site, but the first few entries cracked me up. I've taken a few lately that seem somewhat awkward to me, but after seeing these I feel much better! I'll take a stiff dad over these any day.


Bugs. Why is it that when we have these little kids that we love so much, we're willing to entertain thoughts we otherwise never would? Such as: "true, one child is very allergic to dogs, but surely we can make it work." OR "maybe I can find a secure habitat and Fancy could have [insert disgusting bugs other than ants here] as pets." Can you keep ladybugs or bess beetles as pets? I'll find out for ya.

I'm constantly amazed by the things Fancy can and can not see. Tell her to bring me my purse that is sitting right in the middle of the kitchen table, a pair of socks from her drawer or her coat that is hanging on the hook - "I can't find it!" Take her outside and within minutes she is finding snails 1/4 the size of a pony bead amid the flowers in the garden. Her eyes must have macro lenses.
These must have been brand new baby snails she was finding
They were so cute when their heads popped out.
Fancy was a little put out that one of the snails would not stay on the leaf. He must have had somewhere to be. He was really swift for being so tiny!
Hunting for more in the grass (which can I just say is quite green, finally!). She is starting to look so grown up to me, and this picture shows just how leggy she's getting!After much debating over whether or not to house her snails in her bug keeper or to return them to the garden, she decided they would be happier in the flowers. She's looking on after dispersing them. Quite content. Doesn't she look like a proud snail mommy? :)

And here's Rella.
She's just cute. And maybe this will be one of the last pictures of her in a diaper. She's showing interest in wearing her new "uh-ne-pess." Mostly on top of her diaper, which doesn't seem to help with preventing dirty diapers, but it's a step.

I think I'm being offered s'mores, so bye!

No comments: