Ring my bell - chime in!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mommy lost her mind and we all just laughed

Since yesterday I have been living in the car. Errands errands errands - doctor's offices 3 times, school office 3 times, post office, drop off at a neighbor's, play date, goodwill donation, grocery store, strawberry picking, ballet lesson, AWANA, orchestra rehearsal, carpool 4 times, Target, Staples, Michaels, Chick-fil-A... I am wiped out. And I think that's why I had a brain fart this afternoon. I had been home with the girls for all of 30 minutes before we needed to go fetch Hi-Hat from school. Rella was just starting a snack that Fancy had helped her to. "Girls, can't we wait on that? we have to go NOW." Rella was not having it, and so I literally thought, "oh well, it's just around the corner. I'm sure she'll be fine with it in the car." I think I have to turn in my mommy license for that one. Oh yeah, did I mention that the snack was a cup of chocolate pudding? I think I left my mind at the post office with a huge stack of shower invitations. If someone receives it, kindly return to sender.
And here is my view from the carpool lane. She was not eating her snack. She was painting herself with it using an infant feeding spoon. Of course the principal was calling carpool numbers today and I had all the van windows down. I just started laughing, grabbed the camera phone and hoped Mr. Principal didn't think we were all loons. Next time we'll stick to vanilla.

****ADD ON****
Forgot one of the errands was to the dance shop for some recital tights for Fancy. Little Rella starts dance in June, and we all ended up in the dressing room with her trying on the teeniest little leotards I have ever seen. It was so much fun. Our bag was a little fuller than I originally anticipated going into the shop, but her round belly and diaper poking out of the leotard were too stinkin' cute! I can't can't can't wait to see her first class!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I just watched a Jon and Kate Plus Ei8ht episode where they let their kids paint themselves/each other with chocolate and vanilla pudding!!

The Lord Family said...

This was TOO funny!!
Love the face paint and the adorableness that is a toddler in a leotard!

KR said...

Oh, such sweet (and sticky!) innocence! Precious.