Hi-Hat had his first t-ball game today (though for the most part it was coach-pitch). He's on the Ripken league "Rockies," and he got his uniform at last night's practice. He had three at-bats in the 4 inning game, and his stats are 2 hits and 2 runs scored. He probably had a few errors, but I don't think anyone keeps track of that yet! At this age, any errors are just cute and are really what the parents want to see (like getting a hit and running to third - Hi-Hat had one of those, and not because he's left-handed. He bats right.). He had one turn at the pitching position (fielding at the pitcher's mound after the coach pitched), and then covered all the other outfield positions in the other three innings. He showed some hustle out there, and played so shallow that he often ended up dueling with the 2nd baseman to field grounders. At one point he was in ready position, actually standing on second base waiting for the hit. He was sent back to center field. :) I think the score ended up 20 to 20, but I can't be sure, and isn't that the way it should be in t-ball? He's been practicing batting all afternoon and feels much more confident and ready for the next game! We're lovin' it!
Ring my bell - chime in!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Rookie Debut
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What awesome fun! I LOVE the 'who cares what the end score is' kind of games. Still can't believe we go to Lindsey's soccer games and get hugs from the other soccer moms, Lindsey's coach giving the other team a high five for scoring and all of us parents cheering for BOTH teams. I just don't remember such 'positives' in sports growing up. I know it changes when they get older - but I'm sure enjoying this season. :)
Post a Comment