Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Peanuts and Cracker Jack

We started t-ball around here this weekend. Remember - was it just last year? - when Hi-Hat started soccer and cried on the field the first day and got ridiculed by the lovely stereotypical soccer parents and so stopped soccer? I think that, combined with an introduction to baseball through the numbers-based simulated play of Statis Pro Baseball scared him off from t-ball (and yeah, I read this link and tried to understand the board game and still have no idea how in the world this game works. I can't say I blame him for being worried about having to deal with all the dice and numbers on the field!). It took lots of convincing and practice in the backyard to show him that he really was actually pretty good at hitting the ball, but he finally agreed to sign up. So he's now a proud member of the Grizzlies in the local Cal Ripken League. The first two practices were this weekend and he drilled fielding grounders. PFP! Gator! Chest! Block step! Throwing position! (ok, everyone duck because he's going to throw it now!). He really liked learning the drill, and he really liked playing short stop during the second practice. He was even a little assertive about going after balls (look alive second base!). So no tears on the field this time, and I think we're going to have a fun spring out at the old ball game this year!
tball_left page
tball_right page
tball_page3

No comments: