Ring my bell - chime in!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 6 and stuff

Woo-hoo! 6 weeks in and I'm still sticking with it! Maybe this is like running or exercising for me... Here are the snapshots for this week. Looks a little heavy on the fatty/sugary food, what with valenstimes day and all. ;)

week 6
Glimpses from the week:
- Fun family afternoon at the lake and a surprise stop at Goodberry's, and right before dinner! Perfect for spoiling appetites, but sometimes that's what Mom and Dad are for. It was so warm the ice cream was melting before we got to our table, so it was straight into the shower for Fancy.
- A nice warm afternoon in the backyard with the girls, and Fancy was having some fun with the magnifying glass on top of the bug keeper.
- Tuesday was one of those days where Mom just REALLY needed a coke. Errands all morning, lots to do at home but ended up at the pediatrician's with EB all afternoon, cranky Fancy, cranky Mommy, cranky EB ... mmm, fizzy goodness from the extra-wide McD's straw. Hit the spot. No more cranky Mommy.
- Valenstimes Day party at preschool. We've loved these little kids for 3 years now!
- Valentine party for EB. She didn't quite get it, but she liked the foam stickers and the candy!
- Friday night pizza at Tony's. We have to keep ordering larger and larger pizzas as my boy keeps growing! Geof says he's starting to understand what it will be like to have a teenage boy in the house one day!
- Valentine's Day at home - Mommy opened what has to be K's first love letter:
"I love yo! So do you love me? _________" I filled in the yes. :) That's a keeper!

20080824_1577
Here's a view of just how gorgeous it was here on Sunday! Plain old gulls a the lake in a not so plain sky.

AND, I need to name another kid. So the boy shall now be called "Hi-Hat" for the purposes of this blog. The whole drummer boy thing.
Happy Valentine's Day from Hi-Hat and Fancy! (no Valentine picture of EB yet - she was pretty under the weather all week and not in the mood. We'll try this week.) Also thought I'd share a few of our Valentine's Day treats with you. I LOVE Family Fun magazine. Such great ideas (that are even better when you add custom pictures). Hi-Hat and I made candy i-pods for his classmates, and Fancy and I made cell phones (complete with candy button keypads) for her boys and candy necklaces for her girls.

An unusually long post for me, so I'll just leave it at that. G'night!
~*~*~*~
OOPS - 2 more things. Busy day! Today was the much anticipated day for Fancy to change her earrings for the first time (41 sleeps, 40 sleeps, 39 sleeps, 38 sleeps, 37 sleeps...). She chose to wear a cupcake ensemble, all based around her new cupcake earrings with the rhinestone sparkle on top.
And this is funny!!!!! So if you faithfully follow my facebook status updates, you may remember my disbelief at having over 70 orphan socks in my orphan sock bag. I believe the number has grown. Anyway, GEOF FOUND THE CULPRIT!!! This is what he pulled off the lint trap when changing out the laundry in the dryer tonight:
So apparently we have an honest to goodness dryer monster! He must be eating all my socks! (he does look rather well fed, don't ya think?). Mystery solved and we can all resume wearing our mismatched socks without the constant distraction of wondering where all the mates are.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That pizza looks HUGE!! Did he come up with the idea for the love letter all by himself? That's sweet!

The Lord Family said...

LOVE the valenstimes cards!!

And the dryer monster is pretty scary!

Ashley said...

I love this post! And the Valentine's ipods/cell phones!! Apparently Kellen and I came up with similar cards this year. I wrote something like "I love yo so very much" on Phillip's card... totally spelled "you" wrong!