Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tag - I'm It

I got tagged. Here are the directions:
1 -
Link back to the blog that tagged you: You'd better run, KR! :)
2 - Make a list of
6 (un)interesting things about yourself.
3-
Tag five other blogs, and let them know by leaving them a comment.
You can be the judge of whether or not these are interesting factoids worth spending some of those hard to find spare moments. (THIS IS REALLY HARD AFTER DOING THE 25 THINGS LIST ON FB - WHAT ELSE NEW CAN I COME UP WITH???)


1. I LOVE jeans. I think have a dozen pairs in my closet and I wear them for all occasions. However, I loathe trying to find jeans that fit. That's why I have 12 pairs. They always fit in the store, where they have trick mirrors in the fitting room, but then I get home and they turn floppy, saggy, or too long. I have 2 pairs that I love that fit me well, but sadly one of those pairs is starting to give out on me and I think I'll be out roaming the mall, hunting for the elusive perfect pair of jeans once more.

2. When I was a kid I loved He-Man. My brother had all the stuff - Castle Grayskull, Skeletor's castle, the awesome big cats and all the action figures. I, to my disappointment, had a Strawberry Shortcake House and a Barbie cosmetic counter play set, but I was much happier playing with He-Man, and I have fond memories of sitting in the brown faux fur recliner watching the cartoon. "by the power of Grayskull...!" Wonder what ever happened to all that stuff?

3. I have been interviewed by Willard Scott on the Today Show. I am not 100 years old.

4. I was a camp counselor one summer in college. It was an 8-week sleep-away camp for girls outside of NYC. I was assigned to the 5-year-olds cabin. That's right - 5 year olds!!! Now that I have kids, I can't imagine sending them away for 8 weeks in the summer so I could travel around the world (OK, well maybe I can imagine it, but I would never actually do it! But imagining is fun... :) ). One of the girls in our cabin was actually only 4 years old. Parents had one visiting day in the summer, and my little Billie's parents didn't even bother to come on that one day! So sad. I learned to play jacks really well, watched these tots try to learn tennis, water skiing, ropes courses, and swimming, looked at pictures of them posing with celebrities and lunching at the Rainbow Room, and generally got treated like dirt myself. Good times. Howard Stern's girls were there. Tuition was like $10,000.

5. I have always wanted to get my ears pierced a second time, but it was OUT OF THE QUESTION growing up (ahem - my sister had hers done, and she got a dog...). I always said that when I had a daughter of my own I would get mine pierced again when she had hers pierced to show her how it's done and that it doesn't hurt too badly. So Fancy had her ears pierced 5 weeks ago and I DIDN'T DO IT! There were 3 girls waiting in line, and I didn't want to have to make them wait longer, but now I really regret not doing it since I always said I would. I'm thinking of going this week to get it done. Anyone want to come with me and take pictures? :)

6. I like board games - current favorites are Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride. Geof and I also play Canasta like two vicious old ladies. He always wins, but I still think I'm better at it. I think this weekend we shall have a rematch over chocolate fondu.
And that is my "sorry it's rather dull but it's been a long Saturday with sick girls and a trip to a dairy goat farm" list. g'night!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I want to come with you!! Not to pierce anything though :)

The Hilemans said...

come on down!!!

KR said...

Awesome! I am not on facebook (it freaked me out) so I don't know about the 25 things list! Sorry. Thanks for playing! :)

Heather said...

willard scott huh? cool! you KNOW i'll come with you and take pics...i've been waiting to see you do this ever since you told me about it a couple years ago:)

The Wise Family said...

Please elaborate on the Willard Scott thing! I'm intrigued!