Ring my bell - chime in!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quick Trip

We decided a few weeks ago that it would be nice to take a quick trip this weekend, to get away with the kids and do something fun now that we're well into our new fall routine. On Friday morning we drove up toward Mt. Airy and got on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The day started a little foggy and rainy, so I wasn't sure we would be able to see any changing leaves or beautiful mountain views, but by the time we made it to our first destination, Mabry Mill, it was gorgeous outside. The leaves are just beginning to change - I'm sure next weekend will be stunning. But, since my favorite color is green, I really like the greenery studded with spots of gold and red. I used to go to Mabry Mill often when I was little - our family loved going to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Geof and I had been once when we were dating, but this was the first trip back with the kids. They had fun watching the old water powered gristmill, searching for salamanders in the stream, walking in the woods, and finding apples to snack on under an old apple tree. It was a really nice way to spend an early fall afternoon. I think they most enjoyed eating apples they found, and even EB tried out her new front teeth on a little green apple.

mabry_mill_page_left
mabry_mill_page_right

apples_mabrymill_scrapbookpage

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We were just there for a wedding 2 weeks ago! A gorgeous place :)

anthonyandbeth said...

love you pictures, as always!