Some observations from the week:
1. You can clean baseboards quite nicely with baby wipes (and you can be quite impressed with yourself that you did it in the first place!).
2. You know you've trained your kids well when this is the exchange you have at the State Fair (while walking through all the deep fried vendors, cotton candy, candy apples, gyros, etc):
"Mom? Can I just have 1 little snack?" Me: "Well, what do you want?" Kid: "Well, I saw you pack goldfish crackers in the backpack."
3. When you realize that the bag compartment on your trusty vacuum is somehow broken and you're pretty sure that nothing is actually being sucked off the floor, still the lovely lines left in the carpet make you feel like it's clean and worth the effort.
4. It's so funny that the pillows I picked out from PB (you know, the big chain store with trendy house stuff that results in everyone's furnishings looking exactly the same...) just happen to be of the same pattern that my brother's girlfriend has been eyeing. Seems that even if you live in a renovation project in the country surrounded by goats and chickens and you are capable of cooking homemade chicken soup in an iron pot over a fire in your front yard using a chicken that was running around that morning, PB will still find you! (and is all that REALLY just one sentence?).
5. No matter how many pairs of jeans you try on in the store and no matter how you've convinced yourself that you've done it - you've found THE pair, after wearing them at home for a hour they are bound to start sagging or twisting or stretching. So frustrating! And, I think the mirrors at AT Loft are rigged for skinniness.
6. If you're 18 months old, juice just tastes better if you drink it from a prepackaged bag.
7. Drywall dust is a horrible, invasive entity that has kept us coughing for weeks despite my efforts to clean, wipe and purify. I'm thinking we'll be allergic to the basement and not be able to move in!
8. Little kids really do think chocolate milk comes from chocolate cows, and they have no concept that we just can't keep a cow in the backyard.
That's it - back to cleaning. :)

3 comments:
I love it! I can relate to almost everything on your list. As I was just sitting here on the computer, Jessie brings me 2 peices of FROZEN garlic bread from the freezer (covered in dog hair - probably because she dropped them on my ever so clean kitchen floor) as said, "Mom warm these up so I can have a snack" UGHHHHHHH>>>>>
1) I loved the comment about the goldfish crackers... especially in the context of the State Fair, where you can practically taste the funnel cakes in the air.
2) I am still getting over the footage Ben showed us of the aforementioned chicken soup process.
3) My preschool actually taught us that strawberry milk comes from red cows. I blame it on the teachers (and my gullibility).
I LOVE carpet lines too and vacuumed with a broken one for a year:) We DO finally have a new one though!
Post a Comment