Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Get that baby an agent!

We got some interested looks from people walking by when my friend Sarah and I took EB to the American Tobacco Historic District the other morning and followed her around with our two giant cameras. They must have thought we were shooting some tiny little model. I saw this picture and immediately the lyrics "I'm a model and you know what I mean, and I do my little turn on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah, I do my little turn on the catwalk..." popped into my head (OK, those of you were high school-ish aged in 1991, you KNOW you are singing along with Right Said Fred). ANYWAY, she's too baby for that song, too baby for that song, so baby - sorry it's still stuck in my head.

I don't think I had seen Sarah in about 8 years, so I was thrilled that she would take a break from her exciting life in NYC as a stage manager to come down and see us and meet our kids. We were great friends in high school - she and Geof and I all played in the band together and generally "hung out" as we tend to do in high school. Turns out we have a common interest in photography, and through the magic of facebook we've reconnected and planned the visit! I'm sure my stay-at-home life seemed quite different than what she's used to, but then taking a step back, I guess it all seems very predictable based on how we were back in the 'burg. Fun to visit, fun to chat, fun to pick her brain about camera stuff. Next I get to go visit her, camera in tow, for some photo safari in the big city! When on earth will that ever get on the calendar... ONE DAY! You read it here. :) AND, I think I have a new place to suggest when looking for session locations for something a little different that the typical garden scene. This place is so great! I'm thinking next time I drag K's drum set out there. :)



is she paparazzi or what?

I never noticed - I take pictures like the queen must drink tea!

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

great post! glad you could reconnect with an old friend!

Heather said...

i do the same thing with my pinkie when i take pics!