Ring my bell - chime in!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Zoo Part I

So we went to our favorite zoo this weekend. And YES, we did stop and see a few live animals, but for the most part, the kids were only interested in finding and climbing on the cast iron animal statues. Hello? Live gigantic elephants standing 20 yards in front of you, or small metal baby elephant statue that you've actually seen 4 other times? What is more interesting? The elephant statue. And the rhino statue. And the buffalo statue. And the numerous monkey statues. And the aardvark statue. And the lion statue. And the ostrich egg statues. And the rhino cut-outs. And the bee statue. Anyway, you get the idea. I don't think I'm raising any future zoologists around here, but then, maybe my craft-happy kids will end up designing animal statues one day. Here are the only pictures of real animals I came home with on Saturday. More of the statues to come (ooooh - aren't you on pins and needles waiting for those?). :)
NC Zoo

No comments: