Today was K's school Fun Run. He's gone back and forth between being excited for the event and being worried that he wouldn't be able to run his laps. He set a goal for himself of 8 laps, and by last night he was overcome with anxiety about how he might do. I chalk it up to him being one very tired little boy. EB and I headed over to school this afternoon to cheer him on and so I could help man the ice pop and tally stations - my first PTA event! :) EB had fun playing with friends and toddling on the track. With each lap completed, the kids collected a rubber band on their wrists, and then we tallied up their laps (I presume high lap counts resulted in fabulous prizes...). Well, Kellen need not have worried. He surpassed his goal and complted 9 laps! Way to go Kellen and way to go Hawks!

Ring my bell - chime in!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Fun Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What an awesome idea! I absolutely LOVE the wrist ban idea! How creative. I can't get your digital scrap booking pages to enlarge, but it looks like he was really laughing with his buddy. Congrats on joining the PTA!
way to go K! that's awesome! love all your pictures, as always!
Post a Comment