This evening after Addie had gone to bed, Kellen told me (Geof) that he wanted to talk about something. He told me that he had talked to Laura today and that he wanted to be baptized when he is seven-and-a-half (not quite sure the significance of that number!). We talked for a little while and he told me that he really wanted to ask Jesus to come live in his heart forever, but he didn't know what words he should say. He told me that he knew that Jesus had died on the cross for him and that he came back to life, that he knew that by believing in this he could live in heaven with Jesus forever. After this, Kellen got very emotional and had to settle down before we were able to talk again. After that, I helped him say a prayer in which he acknowledged what Jesus had done for him and asked for forgiveness.
After we were done, he was very excited and wanted to call his grandparents. He talked for about 40 minutes total to all four of his grandparents and has told us that he wants to read his Bible every day and is especially excited that his dad and his granddads are now his brothers too!
We're very proud of Kellen for making what I believe is a very genuine decision. That's the absolute beauty of the Christian message - it's so rigorous that it can stand up to two thousand years of academic scrutiny, but so simple and beautiful that a 5-year old can appreciate its significance.

6 comments:
beautiful. that is the most important decision he will ever make in his life!
That is so awesome. I got all teary reading the story, and it's so great seeing Kellen talk about it!
Kellen, that is so awesome! This is scripture that I pray when I pray for my kids. I pray this for you as well.
"I pray that from His glorious unlimited resources He will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is. Eph. 3:16-18
Kellen, this is wonderful. You'll never be the same again, and I'm sure your parents are beside themselves with joy - nothing on earth can top this, nothing!
we are so excited and happy for Kellen and the big decision he made! praise the LORD! i know it thrills your hearts as parents to see him grasping these things!
WOO HOO!!! Welcome, Brother!! Congratulations, Mom & Dad. All these seeds you have been planting for 5+ years have taken root and now you see the new life. We couldn't be happier for you. Sniffle sniffle!!
Kristen & Korey :)
Post a Comment