Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Exquisite! Exceptional! Extraordinary!

(those are all fancy words for fancy)
We love the Fancy Nancy books around here, so for AA's birthday I took inspiration from their fabulous illustrations and went to work decorating the dining room. My dining room has never been so fancy! I think by today, even Nancy would have approved. AA is in love with our new fancy room and enjoyed having tea with a few girlfriends, who were all quite fancy themselves! We'll see how long I can leave the decorations up before things have to get back to normal. (by the way, this was a REALLY fun project for me - it's amazing how much you can do with little things you have around the house like tissue paper, coffee filters, post-it notes, water colors, pipe cleaners, glitter glue, sewing notions, Christmas lights, gift ribbon, scrapbook paper, dress-up accessories, and pre-existing flower arrangements. I kept challenging myself to find more and more things already on hand to use for decorating, and I was very pleased with the result! Who knew our plain old family had so many fancy things laying around?)

Welcome to the Tea Room!


flower arrangements made fancy with tissue paper, princess wants, feathers, and pipe cleanerrs. These are keepers!

The kids helped me make the coffee filter butterflies - a simple and fun project. We hung them under an AC vent, so they "flew" around when the air came on! Heart-shaped post-its left over from Valentine's Day, a butterfly from the toy box, and a flower made out of folded tissue paper dressed up the china caninet.
Butterfly cupcakes and goodie bags

our inspiration for the room

me and my fancy birthday girl!

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

you always amaze me with you creativity!!! i'm making notes...