So my plans for Saturday were to sleep in, do some laundry, take Kellen and Addie to Cailey's 5th birthday party, and go to Staples to get binders for storing some old photographs. So we all headed down to Lake Crabtree park for the birthday party, and when we pulled in at the picnic shelter I saw Cailey and her family and a few other families from our Sunday school class. I unloaded the kids from the car and was walking toward the party when I saw a girl who looked JUST LIKE my cousin Rachel. I think I even said to Geof, "doesn't that little girl look just like Rachel?" The little girl was looking at me like she knew me, and I kept staring at her in confusion, trying to make the connection between Rachel and the Barbour family. When I was about 3 feet away from the picnic tables I looked around and realized my entire family was at the back of the picnic shelter, as well as some neighbors and friends and it all dawned on me that this was NOT Cailey's birthday party, but rather a surprise party for my 30th birthday! (which is not for 9 more days, thank you very much!!) I WAS SO SURPRISED!!! Geof had been planning it for 4 months and had planned every detail without me suspecting a thing! I take back my email to Heather that said planning a party would be way over Geof's head! (What should have tipped me off - Geof was ironing his shirt for Cailey's party, he made the kids' beds, AND he mopped the kitchen floor before I got up on Saturday morning!).
Thanks to my sweet husband and all my family and friends who helped with the planning and kept me in the dark. I had such a fun day. Now I REALLY need to get on the ball for when Geof turns 30 in October! More pictures here.




3 comments:
Laura,
I love the EB pics! What a great idea for when the baby comes:) Your dad did a great job on the party pics too!
Laura! I love your blog! I started blogging a few months ago and just love it. You're family is adorable and I love the pictures of Ellary growing up! How sweet! Congrats on turning 30. I did the same in June! Good seeing you guys at the movie today! Take care, Beth
Ok - our family missed the party of the year. Sick or not, we know not to ever miss a Hileman party again. So glad it was such a success and that the surprise was kept. The pics are awesome!
Post a Comment