I'm starting to figure out bits and pieces of Ellary's little personality. I think she's going to be a very serious but assertive little girl. She smiles socially, but not very much, and she's often staring at us with a furrowed brow. We see her smiles mostly when I come to get her out of bed in the morning and when she's kicking in her kick-and-play bouncer (makes music and lights up when she kicks). She seems to crave attention, though, wanting someone sitting right with her at all times. She will track us around the room and fuss at us until someone sits close to her. If she's intently staring at a light fixture or ceiling fan and someone moves her to another place, she will fuss until they bring her back. She rarely naps in her quiet room, but can sleep for h
ours in her bouncy chair in the middle of the noisy living room! She prefers to sleep in your arms, so if you put her down to nap she will "request" to be picked up with a loud voice just in case the other 2 small people in our house might compete with her for our attention. She also refuses to drink from a bottle, even when she's really hungry. She only wants to nurse, so at this point Mommy and baby are still tethered together!
I was starting to wonder how she compared to the other two kids at 10 weeks, since she's still not really doing much (i.e. staring at ceiling fans and light fixtures seems to be a favorite past time). I turned to a page in Kellen's baby book that showed a photo of him at about 10 weeks staring up with the caption "what could be so interesting on the ceiling, Kellen?" I guess she's not so far behind after all!
Geof found a Christian band named "Ellary" and ordered the CD and a t-shirt the other day. too funny - the name of the album is "Be Not Far." How fitting!! You can check them out at www.ellarymusic.com

No comments:
Post a Comment