I'm going to try to make this post brief (check back and see if that makes you laugh once you get to the end of the post...), for the sake of my 8 faithful readers. But I just need to vent for a minute. I have been mothering for about 8 years, give or take a few months depending on whether or not you consider being pregnant part of mothering. I've experienced it all - all the first milestones, all the fun activities, all the trials and sleepless nights, all the potty training. Oh, the potty training. My youngest child is 3, and I thought for sure that I would be done with dealing with all child bathroom issues by now. I'm not. One child, despite cutting off all liquids by 5:30 pm still wets the bed like a champ, up to three times a night! Another child, fearful of seeing anything unpleasant while potty training, has gotten so backed up that it has required x-rays and a daily regimen of measured laxative to keep things flowing. Flow, they do. All day. And not in the potty. Sorry to have grossed you out, but this is what I live with every day. Ugh - I've had it! Neither I nor my washing machine can take much more of this.
Well, today I was looking through some summer pictures, I ran across a picture that is changing my whole perspective. There is a very simple solution to this if we just work at it. From now on we are going to be focusing on intensive math and science instruction around here in addtion to their regular schoolwork. We will replace trips to Disney with weeks at Space Camp. We will aim for perfect math SAT scores and science fair state champions. We will petition the government to keep funding NASA and build bigger and better rockets to replace the Shuttle program. Why?


3 comments:
OMG :)
Heehee.
I got a chuckle out of this one! It also brought back memories. I'm not sure how I, after being a bed wetter for years, escaped having one, but so far we haven't needed a "wee alert" in the Myers-Benner home! Hope you all are well!!
Post a Comment